Wednesday, October 13, 2010

time to make mistakes

When I was traveling back to Canada from Wales, on the plane they had Twilight: Eclipse on. If you have seen it, the part where they have their graduating ceremony the girl makes a speech. She mentions in her speech that this is the time to make mistakes. Right now in my life I am scared about the future and what is going to happen. I worry about this program I am in, if this is a mistake and I worry about if I am going to be able to perform for my internship or possible future job. When I heard that one line it made me think that I am allowed to make mistakes. Maybe this course is not for me so its a mistake to learn from. Now I will have a better idea what I like or what I am good at. I can take that and use it to help make future decisions. Even when I was choosing a course to take at college I still had no idea what I wanted to do as a career. Believe it or not I still don't know what I want to do. It scares me because I don't know what my next move should be. Should I move forward and take a big step or wait and see if anything pops up. In the next couple of months I might have to make big choices that can change my life. Its frightens me to death because I am not positive on what I want in life. I know I want a job that makes me happy, a husband and family, a nice home in a nice community. But those are the easy things to know what you want in life it's the specific that's hard. Where to live, what job to have and who to marry. How do you know you are making the right choices. All I want is something to fall into place and tell me I am going the right direction. But also it's not like I am 30 years old with kids and stuck. I am young, I can live in this country and then if I decide it's not what I want I can move somewhere else. I have time to stay in school and continue my education. I have time to find that right job and the right person. I have time to make mistakes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment