Wednesday, August 25, 2010

the end is near...

The title for this blog seems a little drastic to what I am actually going to talk about so don't panic! What I do mean is that summer is coming to an end which means no more beach days, camping, swimming, tanning and sun. Summer went by so fast and now school starts in about a week and a half. It's hard to believe that 4 months have gone and now back to the 8 months of school and majority of it winter. On the bright side though my last day at the Deli has finally arrived :) How I feel about it? Well, great. Yeah I am going to miss some of the people I work with but not going to miss the job that's for sure. It's nice to know I don't have to work there for the rest of my life. But on that note it means summer is coming to an end and it means back to school. I am excited to move back to Toronto. Already know the area, the friends I had made, the course I am in and I got the Master bedroom in the apartment I am in. Step up from last years room which was tiny, no window, more money and with centipedes. I am scared for second year of college because in my fourth semester there will be a field placement. I hope I find a company that will take me on and I hope I can do well. This field placement will help make decisions on whether this field is for me or not. Get to experience the real work field and see what actually goes on. So many things to stress about but also lots of things to be excited about. I am being positive this is going to be a good year. In the beginning of August I filled out applications for a few scholarships and if I get a letter from them in the mail it will mean I have got a scholarship. So I am hoping I do because any money would help pay for my school this year. 4 months of working has only been able to pay for my rent and not tuition. I also signed up to win a MAZDA 2 with Scene.ca. I am not usually lucky but I am seeing myself with scholarships in my hand sitting in the front seat of my new MAZDA 2 driving to Toronto for my second year of College ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment