Wednesday, July 14, 2010

the begining of many more.

This is my first blog ever and I thought I start now because there are always things on my mind. I am in a stage in my life where big decisions have to be made. For example, what the heck I want to do with the rest of my life for a career, where I want to live, should I do this or not. But one thing I do know for sure is I don't want to end up working in a grocery store at a Deli for the rest of my life. I want my life to be interesting and exciting. I want to wake up every morning with a smile on my face knowing I am going to enjoy my day. Do something that makes me happy and be able to come home to a loving place and family. To have the freedom to travel and do new things. But I am sure most people want exactly that in life and it does come with hard work or for the people who just get lucky by having a rich family or marrying rich or even winning the lottery have no worries. I agree with the saying "Money doesn't make you happy". Of course it is great to have money in life so you can do the things you love and not have to worry about being in so much debt or worrying if you can feed your family. But it's what you do and family that makes you happy. Personally, I love being with my family and friends. The joy they bring to my life I couldn't ask for anything better. I am in a situation soon where I have to make a decision for my career. People ask me all the time "so what do you want to do for a job" and I really don't have an answer. It's sad really but I believe many people are in the same vote. I am currently enrolled in a Multimedia course and only have one more year. But been having seconds thought about it. I want to do something that helps others. Doing a good deed and making someone happy every day. I thought being a nurse or paramedic but I can't handle the blood or the broken bones, or needles or even losing them. There is also social worker but in 2009 I went to Wales and my cousin is a primary teacher. She asked if I wanted to come help with her class on craft day. So I did it about 3 times and loved it. I loved the kids, I loved helping them, I loved just listening to there stories. The past month I was thinking of actually maybe going into teaching. I thought I could do a teaching assistant course first and see if I really do like it and then start university. I don't want to rush into University and deciding it's really not what I want and being in debt. I can be shy but when I am pushed into a situation I can be confident. I thought this could be a way that I could help people. I am helping children learn. Plus I would get good benefits, pension and good holidays lol. But that's not what it's all about. I was also thinking of going to school in Wales and experience something different. I am hearing of lots of people who are going to Australia and that for school. There is still a lot to think about but for now I need to finish the college course I am in now and enjoy life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment